NROS 415: Dragonflies tiny brain

Hello! As a preceptor, this blog is an opportunity for me to relate my own research to what students are seeing in class. I don't pretend to be an expert on any topic (yet), but hopefully new insights or knowledge will come from this addendum to the class material. Luckily we have a group that is very interested in learning beyond the assigned curricula, and many have demonstrated an interest in the tiny brains of not only flies, but other insects as well. And since this week we have planned a Dragonfly-Quest, I'll talk a bit about Dragonflies as an introduction of them to students.

Read more ...

NROS 415: Finding the Ventral Nerve Cord in Flies

This laboratory is very hands on, and as the course goes on we will learn all the techniques for recording. This is a trial-and-error learning environment; enough freedom is provided so that you can try different approaches to what we are doing in class. One example, is the Ventral Nerve Cord recordings in flies.

Read more ...

We would like to thank our sponsors:

Funding from the Mathworks made this lab possible!
Special thanks to Professor Rick Levine and Professor Lynne Oland for the loan of equipment that made this lab complete.

Lab Location

The Lab is located in the Gould Simpson building, Room 404, on the University of Arizona campus.

To contact us, please email:

nros415@gmail.com